My BEST Tofu Scramble yet...
Updated: Feb 7, 2022
14 oz Organic Firm Tofu (drained and patted dry)
1/2 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
1/4 Red Onion (diced)
8-10 Button Mushrooms (1/4 inch slices)
2-3 Cloves Garlic 🧄 (minced)
1 in. nub Turmeric (grated)
2 tbsp. Tamari
1/2 tsp. Garlic 🧄 Powder
1/2 tsp. Onion 🧅 Powder
Salt 🧂 and Pepper to taste 👅
Olive 🫒 Oil
Himalayan Black Salt / Kala Namak (for serving)
1. Prepare veg and shrooms 🍄
2. Crumble tofu into a bowl and stir in 1/2 the grated turmeric and a pinch of salt 🧂 and pepper. Set aside.
3. Heat sauté pan on medium high heat with 2 tbsp. olive 🫒 oil. Add onion, garlic 🧄 , the rest of the turmeric, red bell pepper and mushrooms 🍄 to the pan. When veggies begin to soften, add Tamari and continue to cook until mushrooms 🍄 are soft.
4. Add tofu mixture to pan and continue cooking 🧑🍳 while stirring until any residual water from the tofu evaporates
5. Add garlic 🧄 powder, onion 🧅 powder, and salt 🧂 and pepper to taste 👅.
6. Sprinkle Himalayan Black Salt over the top. ENJOY 😋
Always choose organic tofu. I ran out of nutritional yeast but I would have added a couple tbsp at the end for a little 'cheezy' flavor. Himalayan Black Salt also known as Kala Namak will add a sulfurous egg-like flavor. Be sure to sprinkle the black salt over the scramble at the very end and just before eating. Omit olive oil and sauté with water to lower fat content. Ceramic coated pans are great for cooking without oil (I have been using Caraway cookware).